S.O.U.L. Church Goal for NTXGD is $75,000
Early Giving began September 1st, and RIGHT NOW we have several matching donor funds available to S.O.U.L. Church and would double the impact of your gift to S.O.U.L. Church.
S.O.U.L. has been serving approximately 250 to 350 homeless individuals, every Sunday, rain or shine, since 1995.
But S.O.U.L. is more than just a church on Sundays. It is seven days a week boots on the ground ministry doing God's business of gathering food, clothing, furniture, and resources for people in need and distributing these out to over forty ministries and organizations.
IMMEDIATE NEEDS FOR 2023 - 2024
S.O.U.L. Church is 100% a mobile ministry and it is imperative to keep our fleet operational.
"Without a rolling fleet, we can't provide food for the table or food for the SOUL."
On any given day we have one to five vehicles in motion picking up and delivering food, furniture, and in-kind donations.
- $12,000 to $20,000 refrigeration truck repair
- The S.O.U.L. refrigeration truck is out of service with a quote of $12,000 to $20,000 to repair.
- $25,000 fleet of trucks maintenance including those carrying industrial warming ovens, generators, music & equipment.
- Each Sunday S.O.U.L. transports huge hot pans of pre-cooked food to serve attendees such as chicken casserole, lasagna, pulled pork, chicken breasts, etc., live music, fans or heaters.
- $25,000 General Operating needs from raw produce, meats, grains, and dairy, to gas, propane, and pots and pans, as well as cutlery, napkins, take away serving trays, cleaning products, sanitization of workspaces, and upkeep of portable toilets.
- $15,000 transitional assistance moving from homeless to shelters to first apartments.
- Food, clothes, bedding, bus passes, temporary shelter support, transport support, wheelchairs, furniture, and dishes.
- $5,000 - $7,000 needed for a second bus to pick up and drop off individuals from shelters and living under the overpasses to worship with us on Sundays.
Because of your support in 2022:
- S.O.U.L. Church hosted fifty-two Sunday morning worship services and outreach gatherings.
- S.O.U.L. Church received over 1,200,000 lbs. of in-kind food donations.
- SOUL Shared Food Ministry (SSFM} was able to reach thirteen counties, including rural areas where food deserts exist.
- SSFM weekly shared with forty organizations and ministries supplying a variety of frozen meats, dairy, fresh produce, and non-perishable items at no cost.
- S.O.U.L. Church served 6,500 hot breakfasts on Sunday.
- S.O.U.L. Church served 18,500 hot lunches on Sunday.